Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Educational Technology at Present

I have been using computers for, it seems like, the better part of my life. However, I have only recently begun to explore the uses of new technology and their implementation in the classroom. I have experience with a number of different standard computing performances such as Word, the Internet, and messaging services. I believe that my comfort level in regards to technology is high enough that I can use my current skills to move forward into the realm of Educational Technology. I began using computers just like any other child did of my generation; exploring the world that was now at my fingertips (literally) via the use of the Internet. I used my computer for school reasons when it was pertinent, but back then, the computer was still just a fin tool to make my life easier. It wasn't until my later years, especially upon entering into high school, that I realized that my computer could not only make my life easier but also make it more efficient and more scholarly.

Having earned a degree in history from Quincy University, I have invariably become more comfortable with the use of modern technology. I have used programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and have researched both primary and secondary sources through databases, library catalogs, and journal archives.

While implementing my skills, I intend to learn more on the subjects of web-based lesson planning and "blogging", research methods, the creation of web-pages and many more applications. I believe that technology plays an increasingly important role in our society and demands attention at the educational level. By educating myself on the uses of modern technology in the classroom, I can therefore help to educate my future students to become more affluent in effectively using technology for educational and scholarly purposes.

No comments: